Friday, September 3, 2010

Plunky concept sketches

While designing a platypus character for a friend's commission, I ended up making the character (who is supposed to be able to fight with weapons and wear a suit) WAY too doofy looking. But I really liked the doofy design I came up with, so I decided to use that design for my own character, Plunky Squirkle.

So I worked out a final design for him, and he's super fun to draw! I am very pleased with him.
A size chart of Plunky and a possible koala character (also a character I designed for a commission that I liked enough.) The koala wants to be a tough bear and is a friend of Plunky, who is always crampin' his style. Also a size comparison to Nicolai.

1 comment:

  1. The idea of a suit wearing kick ass Platypus reminds me of American Platypus... which is odd considering American Platypus was more a rebel without a cause.
    The Koala reminds me of Stitch from Lilo & Stitch. Again, don't know why, probably the nose.
    Are they going to be part of the Bunny Bowties universe? I could see them working for the queen as field agents, even though I'm pretty sure the kind of intelligence they would get is whether or not the Queen from a rival country has a secret eating habit.

    ReplyDelete